Konstantins Flammenkreuz 09./10.11.10 Phoenix

Was läuft in Film und Fernsehen?
Antworten
Norbert von Thule

Konstantins Flammenkreuz 09./10.11.10 Phoenix

Beitrag von Norbert von Thule »

Rom - Konstantins Flammenkreuz am 09.11.10 um 20.15 Uhr und am 10.11.10 um 07.30 Uhr und um 18.30 Uhr

Im Jahr 312 n.Chr. steht die Armee Kaiser Konstantins vor den Toren Roms, das von dessen Erzrivalen, dem Mitkaiser Maxentius, beherrscht wird. Nach Überlieferung des christlichen Chronisten Eusebius soll Konstantin vor der Schlacht ein Zeichen Gottes erschienen sein, begleitet von den berühmten Worten: "In hoc signo vinces" - "In diesem Zeichen wirst du siegen!".

Bild
Bild (Alan Keohane): Licinius - erst Freund dann Feind von Konstantin

Historisch belegt ist allerdings nur, dass Konstantin gegen den zahlenmäßig weit überlegenen Gegner triumphierte. Mit dem glänzenden Sieg über Maxentius wird Konstantin alleiniger Herrscher über das Weströmische Reich. Zusammen mit Licinius, der den oströmischen Teil regiert, erlässt er ein denkwürdiges Dekret: Mit dem Mailänder Toleranzedikt aus dem Jahr 313 gewährt er dem Christentum Gleichberechtigung mit den anderen Religionen. Nach den blutigen Verfolgungen durch seine Vorgänger bedeutet der Schritt Konstantins eine Zeitenwende für die Christen im Römischen Reich.

Jeweils im Anschluss: Rom - Der Untergang
fortis21

Re: Konstantins Flammenkreuz 09./10.11.10 Phoenix

Beitrag von fortis21 »

Constantine was my favorite roman emperor. Besides making Rome Christian he also planted the seeds for the political and religious fabric of Europe that later kings and Holy Roman Emperors built upon. It is not widely recognized, but some historians credit to him the creation of the first order of knighthood from his imperial bodyguards he called the “Golden Order” of militates or eques, the equestrian class of society. They were the public officials higher than the ordinary people but served the highest patrician nobility ”“ sounds just like the feudal knight class of Europe, doesn’t it?
If you are interested to learn more about Constantine or chivalry in the world today, I can recommend you contact Lutz Geiseik (naekemiin@web.de), a dear friend of mine who lives nearby to Worrigen in Dormagen. He is the Secretary and VP of the German Order OCM ”“ the Ordo Sancti Constantini Magni.

http://www.ocmonline.org/

Bild

It is an official, international, ecumenical Order (not strictly Catholic-only) under the Auspices of the Patriarch and Pope Theodoros II of Alexandria and All Africa. The Master of the Order is H.S.H. Friedrich, Duke and Prince of Beaufort-Spontin from Austria.
The membership is full of wonderful interesting people, and you do not have to be royalty or extremely rich to ask to join. Many of the weekends I was not with the Eynevolk the last 2 years was because I was with my order brothers and sisters visiting monasteries, castles, and interesting historical places around Germany.
Major Aaron von Elsloo
Ritter OCM, Kommandant CLJ
+FORTUNA FAVET FORTEM+
Antworten